DMSO Tolerance Assay


This past week I did DMSO tolerance assay. The general trend was a gradual decrease, so when I do my inhibition assay, I would most likely use very little DMSO. For trial 2, there is no data for sample H (64 ul) because the spectrophotometer (Shackleton)  stopped working. I retried it a second time but it still did not work.  This was probably because it was used for the entire day so it got too hot. I should have unplugged it and let it cool down for a few minutes before trying again but I did not think of it until after I left the lab. Despite this, the overall trend is still observable. For this week, I will do the inhibition assays using 60 ul of CA7 enzyme, 4mM of PNPA, and as little as possible of 100% DMSO.

Advertisements

One Response

  1. Now you can come to the wonderful world of inhibition assay. If you have a time based assy, make sure you keep track of the time and keep track of the mixed solutions because it can get confusing

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: