What did the left eye say to the right eye? Between us, something smells.


I just realized that I actually DRAFTED this post instead of publishing it, I’m dumb. Anyways, this post is long over due, and is for last week:

So, I did another enzyme activity assay and got the results up above. The X axis shows the concentration of the enzyme and the Y axis shows the absorbance readings. Although these results aren’t ideal (something was wrong with sample 6), they’re decent. If you look at the graph, you can see a leveling off of the curving line. This leveling off starts at sample 5. SO a concentration of 0.625 of enzyme will be used.

The next step was the varying substrate assay, which I did about 50 times.

Here are the results that were actually decent. The top two are trials 4 and 5. The bottom graph is the average- without the standard deviation- which I will put in soon. Dr. B and I looked at the results and decided that a 5mM concentration would be best- even though my terrible data says otherwise. In other papers, this is the concentration that is typically used.

Next up is the DMSO assay, which I’ll start on next week.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: